|What to do?|
1. Ring The Property Department and talk to the answer phone.
2. Mention to scaffolders that they might be barking up the wrong chimney.
3. Go indoors quickly and pretend we haven't seen anything.
4. Go indoors and make the scaffolders a cup of tea to slow progress.
5. Let them get on with it - it's nothing to do with us.
In the end we were saved from doing anything as the builders arrived and asked the scaffolders why they had put scaffolding on the wrong chimney. Down it came and up it went on the other chimney - ready to use a little later than expected.
We have left the rented cottage today and moved in officially so we have our first weekend in the house - hopefully without builders (back on Monday). The sun has shone all day. The snowdrops, primroses and daffodils are out in the garden and we are beginning to appreciate our new surroundings (The dogs love it here and would spend all day in the garden if they could).